They Matter, We Care

We handle guardianship matters for both adult and minor wards and practice in both state and tribal court. If you have found yourself in a position where you need to become a guardian of a minor or incapacitated adult, let our guardianship attorneys step in to help you. When you become their guardian, you are then able to make medical and financial decisions needed for their well-being. 

Schedule a consultation below and together, we can craft a solution that is best suited for you and your family.

There are two types of guardianships: minor children and adults. For minor children, the reason is usually because of the death or incapacity of the parents. For adults, it is usually because he or she is no longer able to care for their own needs due to medical or other issues. The person whom the guardianship is over is called a ward. The person in charge of the ward is called the guardian.

With both situations, the courts allow an expedited, emergency process, along with a standard process. For an emergency, there must be an immediate threat of irreparable harm to the ward. In that case, the court will immediately appoint a special guardian and then hold a hearing to decide if the emergency is valid and necessary. After that, a standard hearing is held to determine if the guardianship should continue.

The process for a guardianship generally involves filing a petition, having background checks done, attending hearings, and filing inventories and annual reports with the Court. These are very procedural matters which must be followed to avoid issues or termination of the guardianship

let us help with your guardianship issue

You can start your consultation process immediately by clicking the button below.